Monday, January 19, 2015

My Evangeline

Yes! More music! and so soon!  It's a folksy tune this time around.  The band liked it, so I'm sure you will hear a Man & the Mountain version of it at some point in the near future.  There might even be a washboard involved if you cross your fingers and wish very hard for it (I know I am!).  For you right now, though, I'm going to give you a stripped down version.  Just a guy and his guitar.

The idea came from a Longfellow poem.  I was going through trying to get some ideas ("A Boy's Will" and such) and came across this tale.  Originally its more from the girl's perspective.  It tells the story of two people who were destined to be together, except upon their engagement they were forced from their land.  The guy sends Evangeline first on a ship (ends up being a pretty big mistake).  They spend a lot of time waiting and looking for each other. I won't ruin the ending.  Go read it! I do like me some Longfellow.  The song switches plot points around a bit, but the names of the innocent were not changed for their protection:



We're talking to some sound engineers now about getting a studio recording of this which we can release soon.  I thought I'd let you hear it first.  A "behind the scenes" look, if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment